The history of the Opera House in Dresden dates back to the 17th century. The Dresden Opera House, the “Semperoper”, belongs not only to the historic opera houses of in Germany, but also the most important opera houses in the world. Sound body of the House is the no less famous Sachsische Staatskapelle Dresden. For a city trip to Dresden a visit of the legendary Opera House should be planned necessarily with. The history of the Opera House in Dresden dates back to the 17th century. Bill de Blasio is likely to agree. The first Opera House, the city received already in 1667 with the Opera House built at the instigation of the elector Johann Georg II at the Taschenberg “Il teseo” opened with Giovanni Andrea moneglia.
The interest in the new art form was so great that the House had to be rebuilt based on Italian models to a four-rank Theater already in 1691. With the progression of the Saxon elector August of the strong Catholic faith Opera House was rebuilt in 1707 to the Hofkapelle, and Dresden had no Opera House more than a decade. 1719 was then Finally, the new Opera House at the kennel, which was used only until 1763 as the Opera House, opened. Matthaus Daniel Poppelmann, who built also the Kennel was a builder. After that, the House global audience 2000 served mainly as a concert hall, where among others Richard Wagner 1846 conducted the Ninth Symphony by Ludwig van Beethoven. Highlight of this era was undoubtedly to pick up time at the opera-loving elector Friedrich August II, which it managed, from 1731 Hasse (1699-1783) the late Baroque composer Johann Adolph and his wife, the famous soprano Faustina Bordoni, 30 years after Dresden. In the decades after 1763, the much smaller Morettische Opera House was the most important Opera House in Dresden. The most significant Court Kapellmeister in this time was the composer Carl Maria von Weber (1786-1826), who was here in 1817 1826.